List of Antidepressants
There are several different types of antidepressants. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) include:
- Citalopram (Celexa®)
- Escitalopram (Lexapro®)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac®, Sarafem®, Selfemra™)
- Fluvoxamine (Luvox®, Luvox® CR)
- Paroxetine (Paxil®, Paxil CR®, Pexeva®, Brisdelle™)
- Sertraline (Zoloft®).
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta®)
- Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq®)
- Levomilnacipran (Fetzima™)
- Venlafaxine (Effexor®, Effexor XR®).
There is one SNRI, milnacipran (Savella®) that is not approved for treating depression, although it may be used "off-label" for this purpose.
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) used for depression include:
Tricyclic antidepressants include: