Effects of AplenzinIn studies, bupropion (the active ingredient in Aplenzin) was shown to be effective for treating depression in adults. In long-term studies, bupropion was also shown to prevent depression relapse. Although these studies used shorter-acting versions of bupropion (not Aplenzin), it is assumed that Aplenzin is equally effective for treating depression and preventing relapse.
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily in the morning.
- It does not matter if you take this medication with food or on an empty stomach.
- Do not cut, crush, chew, or dissolve the extended-release tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. You must swallow them whole.
- It is not a good idea to take this medication later in the day (instead of the morning), as this may increase the risk of insomnia.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Aplenzin that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Aplenzin
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Aplenzin Dosage for more information.)