Aplenzin Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Aplenzin?You should not take Aplenzin if you:
- Are allergic to Aplenzin, bupropion, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Are taking other medications containing bupropion, including Budeprion SR®, Buproban®, Budeprion XL®, Forfivo™ XL, Wellbutrin®, Wellbutrin XL®, and Zyban®.
- Have a seizure disorder.
- Have anorexia or bulimia.
- Abruptly stop using alcohol or sedative medications, such as alprazolam (Xanax®), diazepam (Valium®), clonazepam (Klonopin®), lorazepam (Ativan®), and many other medications.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. MAOIs include:
Final ThoughtsThere are a number of situations in which Aplenzin should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all of these issues were discussed in this article. Therefore, talk with your healthcare provider about the specific precautions and warnings with Aplenzin that may apply to you.