Some considerations for people taking Asendin include:
- Asendin should be taken at the same time(s) each day.
- If you do not take your Asendin as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if you usually take your dose at night, you may not want to make up the missed dose, due to the risk of drowsiness if Asendin is taken during the day. Also, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of Asendin.
- Your Asendin dosage can be taken with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It may take as long as two to three weeks for Asendin to start working. Try to give the medication a chance to work before becoming discouraged.
- For Asendin to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The antidepressant will not work if you take it differently than your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Asendin or your Asendin dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Asendin without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.