Some considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Asendin comes in tablet form. It is generally taken by mouth, usually one to three times daily.
- If you take Asendin just once a day, it is usually best to take it at bedtime (to avoid drowsiness).
- It does not matter if you take the medication with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Asendin should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the antidepressant to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Asendin Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Asendin. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well.
When side effects do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Asendin include:
(Click Asendin Side Effects to learn about specific side effects of this product, including some of the more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about other possible side effects by clicking on the following links: