Asendin Warnings and Precautions
There are many important Asendin warnings and precautions to familiarize yourself with before starting the drug. For example, Asendin may potentially cause side effects, such as dry mouth, tardive dyskinesia, or a life-threatening condition called neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Also, Asendin is not for everyone; do not take this medication if you are allergic to any components of the drug, have recently had a heart attack, or have used an MAOI within the past 14 days.
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Worsening anxiety or agitation
- Had a recent heart attack
- Heart problems, including heart disease
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Bladder problems or difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.