Budeprion XL Dosing
Budeprion XL Dosing for Seasonal Affective DisorderWhen treating seasonal affective disorder (SAD), Budeprion XL is taken only during the autumn and winter. You will likely start with Budeprion XL 150 mg, taken once daily in the morning in the autumn, before your symptoms of depression start. After one week, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to Budeprion XL 300 mg, taken once daily.
Budeprion XL is usually stopped in early spring. Your healthcare provider should taper your dose when stopping Budeprion XL. The dose should be reduced to 150 mg, taken once daily for two weeks, before stopping the medication altogether (see Stopping Wellbutrin XL).
General Budeprion XL Dosing InformationConsiderations for people taking Budeprion XL include the following:
- Budeprion XL should be taken in the morning. Taking it later in the day may increase your risk of insomnia.
- It usually takes four weeks (or longer) before feeling the full beneficial effects of Budeprion XL. Try not to be discouraged if the medication does not work right away for you.
- You can take Budeprion XL with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. They should not be cut, broken, chewed, or crushed.
- Budeprion XL should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- People with liver problems, such as liver failure or cirrhosis, will need lower doses of the drug.
- For Budeprion XL to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it differently from how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Budeprion XL or Budeprion XL dosing, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the medication without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.