Precautions and Warnings With Budeprion XL
Who Should Not Take Budeprion XL?You should not take Budeprion XL if you:
- Are allergic to Wellbutrin XL, bupropion hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make Budeprion XL. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Are taking other medications containing bupropion, including Aplenzin™, Wellbutrin XL, Budeprion SR®, Buproban®, Wellbutrin®, Wellbutrin SR®, and Zyban®.
- Have a seizure disorder.
- Have anorexia or bulimia.
- Have abruptly stopped using alcohol or sedative medications, such as alprazolam (Xanax®), diazepam (Valium®), clonazepam (Klonopin®), lorazepam (Ativan®), and many other medications.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. MAOIs include:
Precautions and Warnings With Budeprion XL: Final Thoughts
There are several situations in which Budeprion XL should not be taken, along with a number of precautions and warnings people should be aware of prior to taking it. However, it is possible that not all of the precautions and warnings with Budeprion XL were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific warnings or precautions that may apply to you.