Precautions and Warnings With Budeprion XL
Prior to beginning treatment, it is important to be aware of precautions and warnings with Budeprion XL. These include the risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior, the possibility of seizures, and the risk of liver damage. Precautions and warnings with Budeprion XL also extend to people with bipolar disorder, an eating disorder, and liver or kidney problems.
Budeprion XL: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk to your healthcare provider prior to taking Budeprion XL® (bupropion XL) if you have:
- Seizures or epilepsy (see Wellbutrin Seizures)
- A brain tumor
- A history of head trauma or brain injury
- An eating disorder, such as bulimia or anorexia
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- Heart disease
- A recent history of heart attack
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly.
Be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.