Side Effects of Budeprion XL
Some of the most common side effects of Budeprion XL include headaches, a dry mouth, and weight loss. Most people, however, tolerate the medication quite well. If side effects do occur, they are usually minor and easily treated. Some Budeprion XL side effects, however, such as hallucinations, seizures, or suicidal thoughts, are potentially serious. If these occur, you should report them immediately to your healthcare provider.
Side Effects of Budeprion XL: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Budeprion XL® (bupropion XL). However, not everyone who takes Budeprion XL will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Budeprion XL. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Budeprion XL side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of Budeprion XLBudeprion XL has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which the side effects of a group of people taking the drug are documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of Budeprion XL include:
- Headaches -- in up to 34 percent of people
- Dry mouth -- up to 26 percent (see Wellbutrin XL and Dry Mouth)
- Weight loss -- up to 23 percent (see Wellbutrin XL and Weight Loss)
- Insomnia -- up to 20 percent (see Wellbutrin XL and Insomnia)
- Nausea -- up to 13 percent
- Sore throat or runny nose -- up to 13 percent
- Constipation -- up to 9 percent
- Upper respiratory tract infections (similar to the common cold) -- up to 9 percent
- Anxiety -- up to 7 percent
- Gas -- up to 6 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 6 percent.
Other common side effects of Budeprion XL (occurring in 1 to 5 percent of people) include: