Symptoms of mania can include:
- A decreased need for sleep
- Disconnected and racing thoughts
- Increased energy and activity
- Inability to make decisions
- Increased talking and moving
- Flamboyant ideas
- Poor judgment
- Inappropriate elation
- Inappropriate social behavior.
Final Thoughts on Symptoms of Depression in Children
It is important for parents and other caregivers to be informed about the depression symptoms in children and to know how to locate a mental health professional for an early evaluation and diagnosis. Treatment and services should be tailored to the needs of the individual child. Families may find it helpful to join a local support group for additional assistance and support.