Cymbalta and Insomnia: An Introduction
is one of the most common side effects of Cymbalta®
hydrochloride). Studies have shown that up to 11 percent of people reported insomnia as one of Cymbalta's side effects.
What Is Insomnia?
People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Unrefreshing sleep.
Cymbalta and Insomnia: Suggestions
Some people taking Cymbalta find that improving their sleep habits can be an effective insomnia cure
. Some tips for better sleep include:
- Keeping a regular sleep-wake cycle. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine in the four to six hours before bedtime.
- Avoiding exercise within two hours of bedtime. Exercising five or six hours before bedtime may help you sleep more soundly.
- Avoiding large meals within two hours of bedtime.
- Refraining from taking a nap later than 3 p.m.
- Sleeping in a dark, quiet room at a comfortable temperature.
- Doing a quiet activity somewhere else if you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes and returning to bed when you're sleepy.
- Winding down in the 30 minutes before bedtime with a relaxing pre-sleep ritual, such as a warm bath, soft music, or reading.