General Cymbalta Dosing Information
Considerations for people taking Cymbalta
include the following:
- It usually takes several weeks (perhaps even more than a month) before feeling the beneficial effects of Cymbalta. Try not to be discouraged if the drug does not work right away for you.
- Cymbalta capsules should not be opened or chewed. Make sure to swallow them whole.
- If the medication makes you drowsy, try taking your Cymbalta dosage later in the day. If the medication causes insomnia, try taking it earlier in the day.
- You can take Cymbalta with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Your dosage should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Abruptly stopping medications like Cymbalta can result in withdrawal symptoms (see Cymbalta Withdrawal for more information).
- For Cymbalta to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it differently from how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Cymbalta dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.