When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Deplin include the following:
- Deplin comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Deplin with food or on an empty stomach. Try taking it with food if it bothers your stomach.
- Try to take this medicine at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Deplin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of the medical condition being treated
- How you respond to Deplin.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Deplin Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of DeplinJust like any medicine, Deplin may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Deplin include but are not limited to:
- Decreased appetite
(Click Deplin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)