Some considerations for when and how to take desipramine include:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth one to four times daily.
- You can take it with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Desipramine should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain even levels of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Desipramine Dosing for more information.)
Desipramine can potentially interact with a number of other medications.
(Click Drug Interactions With Desipramine for more information.)