Desipramine Side Effects
Some side effects with desipramine are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- A heart attack or stroke
- Changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia) or feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations)
- Confusion, delusions, or hallucinations
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Any breast changes, including breast enlargement or breast discharge
- Swelling of the testicles
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior (see Desipramine and Suicide)
- Hostility or aggressiveness
- Engaging in unusual or dangerous activities
- Restlessness or an inability to sit still
- Extreme elation or feelings of happiness that may switch back and forth with a depressed or sad mood
- Other unusual changes in behavior
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anxiety, agitation, or panic attacks.
You may experience some or none of the desipramine side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, be sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any reactions to the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to desipramine your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.