Effexor and Dry Mouth
If you are taking Effexor and dry mouth becomes a problem, there are a number of remedies that you can try. Some suggestions for dealing with a dry mouth include avoiding tobacco or alcohol, sipping water or sugarless drinks during meals, using a humidifier at night, and chewing sugarless gum to stimulate saliva flow.
Effexor and Dry Mouth: An Overview
Effexor and Dry Mouth: Recommendations
If you are taking Effexor and dry mouth becomes a problem, there are a number of things that you can do. Some of these suggestions include:
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks often.
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier. It may also improve the taste of food.
- Avoiding drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
- Avoiding tobacco or alcohol. They try out the mouth.
- Using a humidifier at night.
- Being aware that spicy or salty foods may cause pain in a dry mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum or sucking on sugarless hard candy to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon or mint-flavored candies are good choices.
Effexor Dry Mouth: Summary
If you develop a dry mouth while taking Effexor and the suggestions above do not help, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider. There is treatment that he or she may be able to recommend, such as artificial saliva. Also, depending on how severe your Effexor dry mouth side effects are, he or she may also recommend that you adjust your Effexor dosage or try another medicine.