Dosing InformationThe dose of Emsam your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Emsam Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of EmsamAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Emsam. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the side effects seen with this drug include:
- Skin reactions at the patch application site
- Insomnia (see Trouble Sleeping With Emsam)
- Dry mouth (see Emsam and Dry Mouth)
- Weight loss (see Emsam and Weight Loss)
(Click Emsam Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about specific side effects in the following eMedTV articles: