Side Effects of Forfivo XLJust like any medicine, Forfivo XL may cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Forfivo XL include but are not limited to:
(Click Forfivo XL Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsForfivo XL may react with several other medicines (see Forfivo XL Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Seizures or epilepsy
- A brain tumor
- A history of head trauma or brain injury
- An eating disorder, such as bulimia or anorexia
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- Heart disease
- Had a recent heart attack
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Forfivo XL and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Forfivo XL and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Forfivo XL Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)