Imipramine Pamoate Dosing
Some considerations for people taking imipramine include:
- Imipramine should be taken at the same time(s) each day.
- Your dosage can be taken with or without food. If the medication upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It often takes several weeks to see the full antidepressant effect of imipramine. Try to give the drug a chance to work before becoming discouraged.
- For imipramine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or imipramine dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking imipramine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping the medicine abruptly may increase the risk of withdrawal symptoms (see Imipramine Withdrawal).