An Overview of Isocarboxazid Dosing
The dose of isocarboxazid
) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Isocarboxazid Dosing for Depression
The recommended starting isocarboxazid dose for depression
is isocarboxazid 10 mg twice daily. Your healthcare provider may increase your dose if necessary, up to a maximum of isocarboxazid 60 mg per day (divided into two to four smaller doses).
General Isocarboxazid Dosing Information
Some considerations for people taking isocarboxazid include:
- Isocarboxazid should be taken at the same times each day.
- If you do not take your isocarboxazid as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of isocarboxazid.
- Your isocarboxazid dosage can be taken with or without food. If isocarboxazid upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It may take as long as three to six weeks for isocarboxazid to begin working. Try to give isocarboxazid a chance to work before becoming discouraged.
- For isocarboxazid to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Isocarboxazid will not work if you take it differently than your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to isocarboxazid or your isocarboxazid dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking isocarboxazid without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping the medicine abruptly may increase the risk for withdrawal symptoms (see Marplan Withdrawal).