When and How to Take It
Suggestions on how and when to take Lexapro include the following:
- Lexapro comes in both tablet and liquid form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- If you experience drowsiness, try taking it before bedtime. If it causes insomnia, try taking it in the morning.
- You can take the medication with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Take the drug at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For this medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Lexapro your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Lexapro Dosage for more information.)