Ludiomil can potentially interact with a number of medications (click Ludiomil Drug Interactions for more information).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Ludiomil if you have:
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Severe anxiety or agitation
- A recent history of heart attack
- Heart problems, including heart disease
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- An upcoming surgery
- Bladder problems or difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Maprotiline and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Maprotiline and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly.
Be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Ludiomil Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take this drug.)