Ludiomil Side Effects
There are a number of potential side effects that may develop with the use of Ludiomil. Side effects that were most commonly reported in clinical studies include dry mouth, dizziness, drowsiness, and constipation. If you experience more serious Ludiomil side effects (such as fast heart rate, difficulty sleeping, or changes in heart rhythm), be sure to notify your healthcare provider immediately.
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Ludiomil® (maprotiline hydrochloride). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When people do develop Ludiomil side effects, in many cases they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Ludiomil. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Ludiomil side effects with you.)
Ludiomil has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials in which a group of people taking the drug have side effects documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, common side effects of Ludiomil included:
- Dry mouth -- in up to 22 percent of people (see Maprotiline and Dry Mouth)
- Drowsiness -- up to 16 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 8 percent
- Nervousness -- up to 6 percent
- Constipation -- up to 6 percent
- Blurred vision -- up to 4 percent
- Weakness and fatigue -- up to 4 percent
- Headache -- up to 4 percent
- Anxiety -- up to 3 percent
- Shakiness (tremor) -- up to 3 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 2 percent
- Agitation -- up to 2 percent
- Nausea -- up to 2 percent.
Ludiomil side effects that were less common included:
- Memory loss
- Numbness or tingling
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Sensitivity to the sun
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction or ED) or changes in sex drive (see Maprotiline Sexual Side Effects)
- Changes in blood sugar
- Weight loss or weight gain (see Maprotiline and Weight Gain)
- Increased sweating
- Hair loss.