Depression Home > Cymbalta
Drug InteractionsCymbalta can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Cymbalta Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Cymbalta?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Cymbalta if you have:
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- A recent history of heart attack or if you have unstable heart disease
- Diabetic gastroparesis (a slowing down of the digestive tract due to diabetes)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eyes)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- A bladder problem
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Cymbalta and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Cymbalta and Alcohol).