Depression Home > Fetzima
Clinical Effects of Fetzima
When and How to Take It
- Fetzima comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your dose with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- This medication can be taken any time during the day. If it makes you drowsy, try taking it at night. If it causes insomnia, take it in the morning.
- You should take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Fetzima should be swallowed whole. Do not cut, crush, or chew the capsules.
- Suddenly stopping medications like Fetzima can cause uncomfortable withdrawal-type symptoms (see Fetzima Withdrawal). If you need to stop taking this medication, your healthcare provider will likely slowly reduce your dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Fetzima will not work if you stop taking it.
- How you respond to this medication
- Other drugs you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.