Depression Home > Forfivo XL Dosage
The standard Forfivo XL dosage is the same for everyone -- one 450-mg tablet taken once daily. However, you should only take this product if you have previously taken a lower dosage of bupropion for at least two weeks; Forfivo XL is a high-dose medicine, and using it as an initial antidepressant could cause seizures or other dangerous complications.
An Introduction to Dosing With ForfivoThere is only one available dosage for Forfivo™ XL (bupropion XL), as the medication comes in just one strength. However, this amount may not be right for everyone. If you need a lower dose, you will need to take a different bupropion medication.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Forfivo XL Dosage for DepressionIf you are not currently taking bupropion in some form, you should not start taking Forfivo XL. This is because Forfivo XL comes in only one strength, which is too high of a starting dosage for people to take initially. Other bupropion products include:
- Aplenzin® (bupropion hydrobromide), a once-a-day version
- Wellbutrin® (bupropion hydrochloride), a short-acting version
- Wellbutrin SR® (bupropion SR), a sustained-release version taken twice a day
- Budeprion SR®, a generic version of Wellbutrin SR®
- Wellbutrin XL® (bupropion XL), a long-acting, once-a-day version
- Budeprion XL®, a generic version of Wellbutrin XL
- Zyban® (bupropion SR), a sustained-release version also used for smoking cessation
- Buproban®, a generic version of Zyban.
You should not start with a high dose of bupropion without being on a lower dosage first, as this can lead to seizures or other dangerous problems.
If you have been on at least 300 mg of bupropion (in any form) daily for at least two weeks, you can be switched to Forfivo XL 450 mg once daily. If 450 mg is too much for you for any reason, including liver or kidney problems, then you cannot take Forfivo XL.