Depression Home > Ludiomil Warnings and Precautions
There are many important Ludiomil warnings and precautions to be aware of before starting treatment, including information on who should not take the medication and potential side effects that may occur. For example, Ludiomil may cause suicidal thoughts or behavior in some people, and those with a history of seizures, bladder problems, or glaucoma may experience worsening symptoms while taking Ludiomil.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Ludiomil® (maprotiline hydrochloride) if you have:
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Severe anxiety or agitation
- Had a recent heart attack
- Heart problems, including heart disease
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- An upcoming surgery
- Bladder problems or difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.