Depression Home > Nardil Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Nardil if you:
- Are allergic to Nardil, phenelzine sulfate, or any inactive component used to make the medicine. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have congestive heart failure (CHF).
- Have a pheochromocytoma (a certain type of adrenal tumor).
- Are undergoing elective surgery. You should stop taking Nardil for at least 10 days before undergoing any surgery that involves general or local anesthetic.
- Have liver problems, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or increased liver enzymes.
- Have severe kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure).
- Are taking any of the drugs or foods that should not be taken with Nardil.
There are a number of situations in which Nardil should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the drug. However, it is possible that not all the precautions or warnings were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Nardil warnings and precautions that may apply to you.