Depression Home > Pamelor
Drug InteractionsPamelor can potentially interact with a number of medications (see Pamelor Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Pamelor if you have:
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Severe anxiety or agitation
- A recent history of heart attack
- Heart problems, including heart disease
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Bladder problems or difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nortriptyline and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Nortriptyline and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly.