Depression Home > Generic Paroxetine
Paroxetine was first manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and marketed under the name Paxil. Paxil has since come off patent. Now, generic paroxetine is made by several companies and is available in several strengths. All of the generic versions of paroxetine that are currently available have an "AB" rating, meaning they should be equivalent in quality to Paxil.
Generic Paroxetine: An IntroductionParoxetine hydrochloride (Paxil®) is a medication that has been licensed to treat a number of conditions, including:
- Depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Generic Paroxetine: StrengthsGeneric paroxetine tablets and suspension (liquid) are available in the following strengths:
- Paroxetine 10 mg tablets
- Paroxetine 20 mg tablets
- Paroxetine 30 mg tablets
- Paroxetine 40 mg tablets
- Paroxetine oral suspension -- containing 10 mg per 5 mL (10 mg per teaspoonful).