Depression Home > Paroxetine Dosing
General Paroxetine Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking paroxetine include the following:
- It usually takes several weeks (perhaps even more than a month) before feeling the beneficial effects of paroxetine. Try not to be discouraged if paroxetine does not work right away for you.
- Do not crush or chew paroxetine tablets. You should swallow paroxetine tablets whole.
- Shake paroxetine suspension (liquid) thoroughly before each dose.
- If paroxetine makes you drowsy, try taking your dose before bedtime. If paroxetine causes insomnia for you, try taking it in the morning. Most people take paroxetine in the morning.
- You can take paroxetine with or without food. If paroxetine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Take your dose of paroxetine at the same time each day. This will help to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- Abruptly stopping medications like paroxetine can result in withdrawal symptoms (see Paroxetine Withdrawal for more information).
- For paroxetine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Paroxetine will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to paroxetine or your paroxetine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking paroxetine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.