Depression Home > Paroxetine
- It comes in tablet and suspension (liquid) form. You take the drug by mouth, usually once a day.
- Make sure to shake paroxetine suspension well before each dose.
- If the medicine makes you drowsy, try taking it before bedtime. If the medication causes insomnia for you, try taking it in the morning. Most people take it in the morning.
- You can take it with or without food. If paroxetine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Take paroxetine at the same time each day. This will help to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The drug will not work if you stop taking it.