Depression Home > St. John's Wort
Is St. John's Wort Safe?St. John's wort appears to be safe when taken at reasonable doses. However, some people are more likely to experience problems than others. Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking St. John's wort if you have:
- Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- Alzheimer's disease
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see St. John's Wort and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see St. John's Wort and Breastfeeding).