Depression Home > Venlafaxine XR
Venlafaxine XR: Drug InteractionsVenlafaxine XR can potentially interact with a number of other medicines.
Venlafaxine XR: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking venlafaxine XR if you have:
- Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) or a family history of bipolar disorder
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- A recent history of a heart attack (or if you have unstable heart disease)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eyes)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- A bleeding disorder
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Effexor XR and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Effexor and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly.