Depression Home > Zoloft
Zoloft is commonly used to treat depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and other conditions. It belongs to a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). The medication works by balancing serotonin levels in the brain, which often helps with symptoms of depression and similar conditions. Common side effects of Zoloft include dry mouth, insomnia, and nausea.
- Depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia).