Olanzapine and Fluoxetine
Effects of Olanzapine and FluoxetineIn previous clinical studies of olanzapine and fluoxetine for the treatment of depression associated with bipolar disorder or treatment-resistant depression, people taking the medication experienced improvements in their depression symptoms, compared to those not taking olanzapine and fluoxetine or those taking olanzapine alone.
When and How to Take Olanzapine and FluoxetineThe following are some general considerations for when and how to take olanzapine and fluoxetine:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the evening.
- You can take olanzapine and fluoxetine with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Olanzapine and fluoxetine should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Olanzapine and fluoxetine will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for Olanzapine and FluoxetineThe dose of olanzapine and fluoxetine that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Olanzapine and Fluoxetine Dosing for more information.)