An Introduction to Your Dosage of Oleptro
The dose of Oleptro
™ (trazodone ER
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Oleptro
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Oleptro Dosing for Depression
The recommended starting dosage of Oleptro for depression treatment
in adults is Oleptro 150 mg once daily at bedtime. Your healthcare provider may increase your dose by 75 mg every three days, if necessary, up to a maximum of 375 mg once daily at bedtime.
General Information on Taking Oleptro
Some considerations for people taking Oleptro include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually at bedtime.
- You should take this medication on an empty stomach.
- Do not crush, chew, or dissolve the extended-release tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. You must swallow them whole. You may cut or break the tablets in half along the score line, if necessary, to achieve the proper dose (this will not interfere with the extended-release properties of the tablets).
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day, to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as withdrawal symptoms could occur.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Oleptro dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.