(Click Drug Interactions With Paroxetine for more information about these possible interactions.)
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking paroxetine if you have:
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Had a recent heart attack, or if you have unstable heart disease
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eyes)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Paxil and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Paxil and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Paroxetine for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this medication.)