Paxil CR and Suicide
Paxil CR and Suicide Risk: SuggestionsYour healthcare provider should monitor you (or your child or loved one) carefully when you are first starting an antidepressant, or when the antidepressant dose is increased. You should also be watchful for any signs of suicidal behavior. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you (or your child or loved one) have any of the following:
- Thoughts about death or committing suicide
- Suicide attempts
- Depression or anxiety that is new or worse
- Agitation, restlessness, or panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Irritability that is new or worse
- Aggressive, angry, or violent behavior
- Acting on dangerous impulses
- Unusually increased talking or activity
- Other strange changes in mood or behavior.
Be sure to contact your healthcare provider if you notice any other behaviors that concern you. Do not stop taking an antidepressant without first talking to your healthcare provider. Stopping an antidepressant suddenly may cause other potentially dangerous reactions, including worsening depression.
Also, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of using Paxil CR. Depression is a treatable illness. Your healthcare provider can discuss all the available treatment options with you.