Some general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Paxil CR comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once daily.
- Do not break, crush, or chew the tablets (see Split Paxil CR). Make sure to swallow the tablets whole.
- If Paxil CR makes you drowsy, try taking it before bedtime. If it causes insomnia, try taking it in the morning (most people take it in the morning).
- You can take it with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Paxil CR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Paxil CR that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is the case with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Paxil CR Dosage for more information.)