Paxil CR can potentially interact with a number of other medicines.
(Click Paxil CR Drug Interactions for more information.)
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Paxil CR if you have:
- Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) or a family history of bipolar disorder
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- A recent history of a heart attack (or if you have unstable heart disease)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eyes)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Paxil CR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Paxil CR and Breastfeeding).
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Paxil CR Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this drug.)