People who take too much of this medication may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Shakiness (tremors)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Muscle pain or muscle stiffness
- Liver problems, including hepatitis
- Kidney failure
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
(Click Paxil CR Overdose for more information.)
Paxil CR should be stored at room temperature away from moisture or heat. The tablets should be kept in an airtight container.
Keep Paxil CR and all other medications out of the reach of children.
If you do not take your dose as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of Paxil CR.
Paxil CR tablets are available in three strengths:
- Paxil CR 12.5 mg tablets
- Paxil CR 25 mg tablets
- Paxil CR 37.5 mg tablets.
This medication is available in generic form.
(Click Generic Paxil CR for more information.)