Pexeva Dosage for Generalized Anxiety Disorder
The usual starting dose of Pexeva
for generalized anxiety disorder
) is 20 mg once a day. Your healthcare provider may increase this amount by 10 mg per day, no more often than once a week, to a maximum of 50 mg a day. However, in studies, higher Pexeva dosages were not more effective than the daily 20-mg dose for treating GAD.
General Information on Taking Pexeva
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Pexeva include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Pexeva is normally taken in the morning. If it makes you drowsy, try taking it in the evening before bed.
- Pexeva can be taken with or without food. You can try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- This medication should be taken whole. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- It may take several weeks for Pexeva to start to work, and a few months for the full benefits to be felt. Do not stop taking this medication, or take a different Pexeva dose, without talking with your healthcare provider.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level in your bloodstream.
- For this medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.