- Major depressive disorder, commonly called major depression
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder (PD)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
It is generally a well-tolerated medication. However, as with any medicine, side effects are possible. For example, headaches are a common side effect of Pexeva. In clinical trials, up to 18 percent of people taking the antidepressant experienced headaches during their treatment.
Other common side effects include:
- Nausea (up to 26 percent of people)
- Ejaculation problems (up to 25 percent)
- Insomnia (up to 24 percent).
(To learn more, click Pexeva Side Effects. This article goes into detail about the potential reactions to this drug, with more statistics on how often they occur.)