When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Pexeva include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Pexeva is normally taken in the morning. If it makes you drowsy, you can take it in the evening before bed.
- Pexeva can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- This medication should be taken whole. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- It may take several weeks for Pexeva to start to work, and a few months for the full benefits of the medicine to be felt. Do not stop taking this medication, or take a different dose, without talking with your healthcare provider.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level in your bloodstream.
- For Pexeva to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Pexeva your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are taking it
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking
- Your age.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Pexeva Dosage for more information.)