General Information on Dosing With Pristiq
Considerations for people taking Pristiq
include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of an extended-release tablet, and is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Pristiq with or without food.
- Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. Do not crush, break, or chew them.
- Pristiq should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Pristiq to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Pristiq or your Pristiq dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.