Some considerations for when and how to take Sinequan include:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It can be taken several times a day or all at once before bedtime. If the medication makes you drowsy, ask your healthcare provider about taking it just before bedtime.
- For people with trouble swallowing capsules, a liquid form (doxepin solution) is also available.
- It does not matter if you take Sinequan with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Your dosage should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your Sinequan dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Sinequan Dosage for more information about dosing for Sinequan.)