Dosing With Venlafaxine XRThe dose of venlafaxine XR that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Venlafaxine XR Dosing for more information about dosing for venlafaxine XR.)
Venlafaxine XR Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with venlafaxine XR. However, not everyone who takes venlafaxine XR will experience side effects. When venlafaxine XR side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common side effects of venlafaxine XR include:
- Body weakness
- A decrease in appetite or loss of appetite (see Does Effexor XR Have Anorexia Effects?)
- Dry mouth (see Effexor XR and Dry Mouth)
- Insomnia (see Effexor XR and Insomnia)
- Weight loss (see Effexor XR and Weight Loss)
- Sexual problems (see Sexual Side Effects From Effexor XR)
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or just ED (see Effexor XR and Impotence).
(Click Side Effects of Venlafaxine XR to learn about the specific side effects of venlafaxine XR, including serious side effects to look out for. You can also read about possible venlafaxine XR side effects by going to: