Effects of Venlafaxine
Studies have shown venlafaxine to be effective for depression treatment in adults. In these studies, people taking the drug had more improvement in their depression symptoms than those people who did not take it. Also, long-term studies showed that venlafaxine is effective at preventing depression relapse.
When and How to Take It
Some general considerations for when and how to take venlafaxine include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually two or three times a day.
- You should take venlafaxine with food.
- Your dosages should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For venlafaxine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of venlafaxine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Dosage of Venlafaxine for more information.)